[Dovecot] I can't use sql auth

Toni Panadès toni75 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 02:13:49 UTC 2007

I need some help. I have compiled dovecot (1.0-rc15) with --with-mysql
option, when I execute the binary with --build-options I get this:

Build options: ioloop=poll notify=dnotify ipv6 openssl
SQL drivers:
Passdb: checkpassword passwd passwd-file shadow
Userdb: checkpassword passwd prefetch passwd-file static

In this case, when I execute dovecot I get this error:

dovecot: Jan 03 03:48:47 Error: auth(default): Unknown userdb driver
'sql' (typo, or Dovecot was built without support for it? Check with
dovecot --build-options)

Well, now I compile with "--with-mysql --with-sql-drivers" and I get this:

Build options: ioloop=poll notify=dnotify ipv6 openssl
SQL drivers:
Passdb: checkpassword passwd passwd-file shadow sql
Userdb: checkpassword passwd prefetch passwd-file sql static

And now, the error is:

dovecot: Jan 03 03:53:21 Error: auth(default): Unknown database driver 'mysql'

My dovecont.conf auth section:
--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<
auth default {
  mechanisms = plain
  userdb static {
    args = uid=8 gid=12 home=/home/vpopmail/domains/%d/%u/Maildir
  }
  passdb sql {
    args = /usr/local/etc/dovecot-sql.conf
  }
  userdb sql {
    args = /usr/local/etc/dovecot-sql.conf
  }
}
--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<

My dovecot-sql.conf have:
driver = mysql
connect = host=localhost dbname=mail user=postfix password=secret
default_pass_scheme = PLAIN-MD5
password_query = SELECT email as user, crypt as password, maildir as
userdb_home, uid as userdb_uid, gid as userdb_gid FROM postfix_users
WHERE email = '%u'

what's wrong? thanks!