[Dovecot] Problems with dovecot-sieve on Debian Etch using dovecot LDA

Koen Vermeer koen at vermeer.tv
Wed Jan 3 13:17:24 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-01-02 at 16:59 -0600, Samir M. Nassar wrote:
> I have removed the lines and only mailbox_command remains. So far still no
> luck. Is the cmusieve plugin known to work in the debian packages for etch?
> If I've exhausted all inquiries here should I inquire with the package
> maintainer?

I'm using the debian testing package, and cmusieve seems to work on my
system. My setup:

protocol lda {
  # Address to use when sending rejection mails.
  postmaster_address = postmaster at whatever.dot

  # Hostname to use in various parts of sent mails, eg. in Message-Id.
  # Default is the system's real hostname.
  hostname = whatever.dot

  # Support for dynamically loadable plugins. mail_plugins is a space
separated
  # list of plugins to load.
  #mail_plugins =
  mail_plugin_dir = /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/lda

  # Binary to use for sending mails.
  #sendmail_path = /usr/lib/sendmail

  # UNIX socket path to master authentication server to find users.
  auth_socket_path = /var/run/dovecot/auth-master

  # Enabling Sieve plugin for server-side mail filtering
  mail_plugins = cmusieve
}

Koen