[Dovecot] unknown namespace with Mac OS client

Francisco Reyes lists at stringsutils.com
Thu Jan 4 14:06:29 UTC 2007

Timo Sirainen writes:

> I'd like to know what causes the "Unknown namespace" error to occur.
> That'd require you to have rawlogging enabled for the user (http://
> dovecot.org/bugreport.html) and remove the other namespace.

I likely will need to see if one of our workers has a Mac at home. Can't be
making the change on the production machine as it will impact paying
customers.

> Hmm. Actually now that I think of it, it's not necessarily that much
> broken. I originally thought that they'd have identical namespace
> prefixes, but since they're INBOX. and INBOX/ they're a bit
> different. :) Anyway you should mark one of them with hidden=yes so

In my original email I asked if putting that setting would help and  Barry
Warsaw replied that it would not help. I think he tried it.

> clients that support namespaces won't show all the mailboxes twice.
> Also make only one of them have inbox=yes.

Ok, will try that with the next machine before it goes into production, but
I guess I will need to find out if someone at work uses mail.app at home
and can help me with the testing.. or perhaps see if someone on this list is
willing to help with this. I could give them a test account on the next
machine we are setting up this week.. This was not easy for us to
troubleshoot/test/diagnose because we don't have a machine with Mail.app to
test.