[Dovecot] Disable TLS on port 143?

Jackie Hunt jackie at yuma.acns.colostate.edu
Tue Jan 9 19:53:29 UTC 2007

> Jackie Hunt wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Is there a way to disable the TLS support provided by Dovecot
> > on port 143?
>
> You can use ipchains or your external firewall to disable TLS, though
> why you care, I don't know.

Thanks, John.  I'm replacing a UofW IMAP server, and would like to
do a "transparent" switch to Dovecot.  We found that the clients are
negotiating a TLS connection on 143, and then complaining about our
certificate.  I want to avoid having to reconfigure clients.

I haven't hear of ipchains, I'll investigate.

Jackie
---
Jackie Hunt
ACNS                                    Voice:  (970) 663-3789
Colorado State University               FAX:    (970) 491-1958
Fort Collins, CO  80523                 Email:  jackie.hunt at colostate.edu