[Dovecot] unknown namespace with Mac OS client

Ken Dail kend at amigo.net
Thu Jan 11 14:49:45 UTC 2007

On Jan 11, 2007, at 6:59 AM, Rick Romero wrote:

>>> Interesting... Because it's broken on my systems with 10.4 and Mail
>>> 2.1
>>
>> Same here.
>
> Well what the heck?   I'm still on RC7 if that makes any difference.
I'm on RC15 still. I wouldn't mind setting up an account on my server
for you to see if that client works with my setup, to check if the
version matters.

> And why, if I have no updates in queue, is my version of Mail.App
> older?
are you up to 10.4.8? But then if yours is working, I maybe want to
get that version ;)

> Hmm
>
> Here's my config, for sh*ts and giggles:

and my config:
protocols = imap imaps pop3 pop3s
disable_plaintext_auth = no
login_greeting = amigo.net ready.
mail_location = maildir:%h/Maildir
namespace private {
    separator = .
    prefix = INBOX.
    inbox = yes
    hidden = no
}
mail_extra_groups = mail
mmap_disable = yes
lock_method = dotlock
first_valid_uid = 465
valid_chroot_dirs = /var/mail/virtual
maildir_copy_with_hardlinks = yes
protocol imap {
   mail_plugins = quota imap_quota trash
   login_greeting_capability = yes
   imap_client_workarounds = outlook-idle
}
protocol pop3 {
   pop3_uidl_format = %08Xu%08Xv
   mail_plugins = quota
   pop3_client_workarounds = outlook-no-nuls oe-ns-eoh
}
protocol lda {
   postmaster_address = postmaster at amigo.net
}
auth_default_realm = amigo.net
auth_username_translation = %@
auth_username_format = %Ln@%d
auth_worker_max_count = 60
auth default {
   mechanisms = plain login apop digest-md5 cram-md5
   passdb sql {
     args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf
   }
   userdb prefetch {