[Dovecot] IMAP folder watching plugin request

Frank Cusack fcusack at fcusack.com
Sat Jan 13 09:27:51 UTC 2007

On January 12, 2007 7:39:36 PM -0500 Jonathan Stewart <jonathan at kc8onw.net>
wrote:
> I'm pretty sure this has been asked before but would it be possible for a
> generic folder watching plugin to be distributed with Dovecot?  My
> intention for this is to be able to integrate a spam filter into dovecot.

<http://johannes.sipsolutions.net/Projects/dovecot-dspam-integration>

Although that page claims support only up to rc7, I can assure you
it works for up to rc16 as well, almost certainly for rc17 also.

You might also search the list archives for my post which has a patch
allowing this plugin to use case insensitive folder names.  As is,
it requires your spam folder to be named 'SPAM'.  My patch allows
it to be named 'spam', 'Spam', "SpAm' or however the user wishes
to capitalize it.

-frank