[Dovecot] More AFS maildir debugging

Aaron Solochek aarons-dovecot at aberrant.org
Sat Jan 13 21:26:12 UTC 2007

There appears to be some sort of a race condition when accessing a maildir
directory for the first time with dovecot.  I was getting a non-specific error
trying to select INBOX, but when I stepped through it with a debugger it worked.
  Deleting the dovecot files and running the select again it failed.  I started
playing with it again just now, and when attempting to access Sent, I actually
got some errors:

a04 select Sent

imap(aarons): Error: Corrupted transaction log file
/XX/Maildir/.Sent/dovecot.index.log: unexpected end of file while reading header

imap(aarons): Error: Corrupted transaction log file
/XX/Maildir/.Sent/dovecot.index.log: unexpected end of file while reading header

imap(aarons): Error: Corrupted transaction log file
/XX/Maildir/.Sent/dovecot.index.log: unexpected end of file while reading header

a04 NO Internal error occurred. Refer to server log for more information.
[2007-01-13 16:17:51]

I then deleted dovecot.index.log and dovecot.index.log.2 (the only two dovecot
files that were present) and retried the select:

a04 select Sent

a04 NO Internal error occurred. Refer to server log for more information.
[2007-01-13 16:23:40]

Does anyone more familiar with the code than myself have any pointers of where
to concentrate my debugging efforts?

Thanks.

-Aaron