[Dovecot] More AFS maildir debugging

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Jan 19 19:09:44 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-01-13 at 16:26 -0500, Aaron Solochek wrote:
> I then deleted dovecot.index.log and dovecot.index.log.2 (the only two dovecot
> files that were present) and retried the select:
>
> a04 select Sent
>
> a04 NO Internal error occurred. Refer to server log for more information.
> [2007-01-13 16:23:40]

Looking at the code, I think this could happen when Dovecot tries to
create the log file, then it tries to open it but notices that again
it's corrupted.

So there's something weird which causes newly created files to be
broken. Does it work if you append :INDEX=MEMORY to mail_location? What
about if you add :INDEX=/tmp/dovecot-%u or something so that the indexes
aren't in AFS?