[Dovecot] Message size incorrect?

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Tue Jan 16 15:13:31 UTC 2007

Tristan Woudenberg - Prism Mail Solutions schrieb:
> Hi there,
>
> I recently installed a plugin for SquirelMail (php imap client,
> squirrelmail.org) which adds up message sizes per folder to display a nice
> total size of each subscribed folder. After consulting the plugin
> maintainers at SquirrelMail in this thread:
>
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.plugins/12468/focus=12468
>
> There is quite a discrepancy in the rfc822.size reported by Dovecot and
> the actual space it takes up on my harddisk. I know there could be some
> overhead here from all the dovecot* and subscription list files in my imap
> folders, but like I stated in my email to the SquirrelMail plugin mailing
> list, about 1mb for a 4.3mb maildir mailbox might be a but much. Could
> this be like Tomas Kuliavas wrote: "Maybe those message have some data
> that does not belong to message or their formating breaks dovecot's
> message parsing functions."? I'm using Dovecot-1.0.rc15, sorry if this has
> been fixed between this release and the current.
>
> Kindest regards,
>
> Tristan

Hi Tristan,
i use quota plugin from squirrelmail 1.4.6-1.4.9a since dovcot 1.rc7 up to
1.rc17 message size is reported as well as folder size.
You can also use the message size function included in squirrelmail
this works nice too at my install, i guess you have some configure
problem, which is not really related to a  dovecots bug
as far i remember you have to setup the right mutliplicator for kb
in the plugin to get it work right, try the squirrel inbuild funktion to
test , should be ok, be sure that you have imap server other in squirrel
imap setup and follow instructions in the squirrel faq for dovecot with
folders
Regards Robert

--
Diese Nachricht wurde auf Viren und andere gefährliche Inhalte untersucht
und ist - aktuelle Virenscanner vorausgesetzt - sauber.