[Dovecot] dovecot-auth file descriptor usage

Nicolas STRANSKY Nico at stransky.cx
Tue Jan 16 22:37:00 UTC 2007

Le 16.01.2007 23:26, Timo Sirainen a écrit :

> No, non-SSL exits the imap-login processes after login, so that has
> never reserved fds. So the fix was for SSL connections, and I tested SSL
> connections..
>
> I'm now just wondering if it's only dovecot-auth that doesn't notice the
> socket closing for some reason, or if the imap-login processes proxying
> SSL didn't really close the socket after all.

I am also experiencing an increased file descriptors usage on a server
with several hundreds of users (running debian sarge amd64) since I'm
using rc15. rc17 did not fix the problem. The server was formerly
running fine with beta8.
The problem is that when the file descriptors limit is reached, dovecot
stops responding to new connections or responds strangely (thunderbird
says that the server is not an imapV4 server) but nothing is logged
anywhere. The only fix is a restart.

--
Nico
Les plus grands ne sont pas ceux qui ne tombent