[Dovecot] LDAP authentication stops working...

J.M. Maurer mmaurer at betterbe.com
Mon Jan 22 13:45:01 UTC 2007

> Are you using auth_bind=yes? That's been a bit broken. I finally today
> did several fixes to it so that it won't hang at least with my stress
> tests. The code is now in CVS and I built a new nightly snapshot if you
> want to try before rc18 release.
>
> Looks like ldap_bind() can't really be used while anything else is going
> on. Now the code waits until all the existing LDAP searches are
> finished, then it does the bind, and then nothing is done until the bind
> is finished.

This fix seems to make it behave a lot better!

I think I can still trigger this issue though, by opening Outlook 2003
(sorry :X), and holding down F9 for a bit (send/receive shortcut). When
the send/receive query contains about 5+ actions, outlook stops
responding.

But still a LOT better then before. At least when the problem occurs,
other users can still login, which wasn't the case before.

Cheers,
  Marc