[Dovecot] More AFS maildir debugging

pod pod at herald.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jan 24 14:47:39 UTC 2007

    TS> I googled a bit and saw something about hard links being supported
    TS> but only within a directory. Or maybe that was about symlinks.

Hard links work but only within the same directory.  This is, maybe in a
purely theoretical sense, not substantially worse than standard unix
filesystems in that in _general_ one cannot expect a hard link into
anything other than the current directory not to fail with EXDEV.  Common
conventions in filesystem layout (i.e. many more directories than
filesystems) means that it works most of the time.

Symlinks in AFS behave just as you expect except that an '@sys' in the
symlink is expanded to the client 'sysname'.