[Dovecot] environment variables required for startup

Schwanritter schwanritter at email.it
Fri Jan 26 17:05:23 UTC 2007

On Friday 26 January 2007 3:07 pm, Marshal Newrock wrote:

> The only thing I can think of is that there's some environment variable
> required which isn't being set.  monit specifically says it unsets
> everything except for a basic path before running the start program.
> Do any environment variables need to be set in order for dovecot to
> start successfully?

Something similar happened to me once on a Fedora Core 3 system with SELinux
enabled, where a startup script using 'su -c' (not dovecot's) stopped to ask
me if I wanted the SELinux context changed. Try running it like this

  /etc/init.d/dovecot < /dev/null

to see if this makes any difference.

Thank you for your consideration,
Davide Bolcioni