[Dovecot] per-network auth mechanisms

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Jan 27 12:20:05 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-01-27 at 15:08 +0300, George Moury wrote:
> I need use different auth mechanisms for different IP-address of
> IMAP/SMTP SASL clients (allow plain authorisation only for my own
> network), but there is no examples at wiki.dovecot.org for this
> feature.

It's possible to use something like this in SQL passdb's password_query:

select user, password from users where mech = '%m' and ip = '%r';

You can probably change that ip = '%r' check to some network check, at
least with PostgreSQL.

Anyway, if you want the CAPABILITY to list different AUTH=nnn for
different IPs, then that isn't possible currently without modifying the
sources.