[Dovecot] popa3d migration

FiL @ Kpoxa FiL at kpoxa.org
Mon Jan 29 22:42:56 UTC 2007

Hello,

 I'm sure there is no good answer to my question, but it doesn't take
much to ask, so I will.

 I am about to migrate my current Dovecot IMAP + Popa3d mailbox server
to Maildir.
I need to keep both protocols (IMAP and POP3) and will be switching to
Dovecot on both.

The question is simple - is there any way to keep POP3 UIDs through
migration, so people won't get duplicates
in their inboxes.

Second question is not that important but if somebody has a good answer
it will be really nice - is there any way
to keep IMAP UIDs? With IMAP it won't create dups, but loosing
(changing) UIDs will create extra load on the server.

I know, this is more about mailbox->Maildir conversion, not dovecot, but
this is the only place I can ask this question

P.S. am running dovecot on linux FC5 right now, but will be upgrading to
FC6 / dovecot 1.0 release at the time of migration.
Won't do it before 1.0 final comes out

Thank you,

FiL