[Dovecot] popa3d migration

Andrey Panin pazke at donpac.ru
Tue Jan 30 06:48:59 UTC 2007

On 029, 01 29, 2007 at 05:42:56PM -0500, FiL @ Kpoxa wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm sure there is no good answer to my question, but it doesn't take
> much to ask, so I will.
>
> I am about to migrate my current Dovecot IMAP + Popa3d mailbox server
> to Maildir.
> I need to keep both protocols (IMAP and POP3) and will be switching to
> Dovecot on both.
>
> The question is simple - is there any way to keep POP3 UIDs through
> migration, so people won't get duplicates
> in their inboxes.

Dovecot can't generate popa3d compatible UIDs right now, but here is
patch: ftp://ftp.ufanet.ru/pub/boco/dovecot/popa3d-uidl-patch/
which claims to do exactly that. I didn't tested this patch myself,
so YMMV.

--
Andrey Panin		| Linux and UNIX system administrator
pazke at donpac.ru		| PGP key: wwwkeys.pgp.net