[Dovecot] dirsize quotas crashing 1.0.rc19

Dean Brooks dean at iglou.com
Mon Jan 29 22:54:40 UTC 2007

On Mon, Jan 29, 2007 at 04:19:08PM -0500, Dean Brooks wrote:

> I've been trying to get dirsize quotas to work properly with 1.0rc19
> and Dovecot consistently crashes when attempting to do file copies
> once a user is over quota.
>
> Dovecot works fine for us for regular mbox based IMAP, but as soon as I
> add the following two entries in their respective locations in dovecot.conf:
>
>    mail_plugins = quota imap_quota     (in the imap{} section)
>    quota = dirsize:storage=2000        (in the plugin{} section)
>
> If a user goes over quota, and they attempt to copy a file to a folder
> via IMAP, all I get is this:
>
>  dovecot: [ID 684838 mail.error] child 20868 (imap) killed with signal 10

Sory about replying to my own post.  It turns out that copying/moving
messages works properly when dirsize quotas are enabled.

However, the deletion of a message (which occurs during a move) is
what is triggering the crash.

Is anyone using dirsize quotas with rc19 that is seeing this problem?

Regards,

Dean Brooks
dean at iglou.com