[Dovecot] Cannot fill the maildir with mails

Peter Selter jpselter at gmx.net
Tue Jan 30 08:28:49 UTC 2007

Hello!

I have installed Dovecot yesterday as a simple connection between a
local mailbox and Novell Evolution. I have set up a POP3 service that I
can succesfully connect to. I chose the Maildir structure but the whole
box is empty. When I try "echo ´test´ | mail -s ´test´ user42" it
doesn´t reach the mailbox. What can I do?
I could also try the mbox format but Evolution has problems connection
to an mbox file, it just says "loading..." and nothing happens. Any help
would be appreciated :-)

regards, Peter