[Dovecot] Latest MANAGESIEVE patch -- how to start daemon?

Joseba Torre joseba.torre at ehu.es
Wed Jun 6 11:00:57 EEST 2007

Hi,

first of all: there's a newer version of the patch

http://sinas.rename-it.nl/~sirius/dovecot-1.0.rc28-MANAGESIEVE-v4.diff.gz

Second: which were your steps for compilation? (patch, configure, make, make
install, or what did you between patch and configure?)

Third: you must tell dovecot that it should use a new protocol, managesieve.
So, in dovecot.conf you need

protocols = imap imaps pop3 pop3s managesieve

and later

protocol managesieve {
  listen = *:2000
  login_executable = /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/managesieve-login
  mail_executable = /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/managesieve
}

Aaaaaagur.

--
Joseba Torre. CIDIR Bizkaia.