[Dovecot] dovecot vs. Outlook Mobile

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Jun 10 23:06:27 EEST 2007

On Wed, 2007-06-06 at 15:41 +0200, J.Wendland at scan-plus.de wrote:
> Hi,
> I am testing dovecot with Outlook Mobile 5 (OM5), which is currently
> not working. OM5 connects, says "NOOP" and "CAPABILITY", does login
> correctly and simply loggs out after that telling the user that it
> could not download any messages. When I put an imapproxy[0] in front
> of dovecot, OM5 works perfectly well. That leads me to the thought,
> that something in the way dovecot sends its responses makes OM5
> upset. Does anybody on this have seen this before?

Could you get the network traffic dump with and without imapproxy so I
could compare what the difference is between them? (with eg. tcpdump /
wireshark)

Although I guess it might be that if client tries to send commands after
LOGIN or AUTHENTICATE in the same IP packet, Dovecot discards the
commands. I should probably fix this one day, but then again it's almost
certainly a client bug also if it tries to do that.