[Dovecot] auth_username_format

Sergio Souza sergio at soho.eti.br
Mon Jun 11 00:06:26 EEST 2007

I configured in the archive dovecot.conf the parameter
auth_username_format = "%Ld_%Ln" because the users of my server have
access yours e-mail accounts based in /etc/passswd where they are
registered in format domain.com_user. This configuration work without
problems via pop3 and imap (squirrelmail). My server is CentOS 5.0 and
dovecot is 1.0.rc15.

The problem that occurs currently is: when the users go to have access
the interface of change preferences (ISPCONFIG) where the supplied data
of authentication are not the data of the email account (eg.
user at domain.com) and yes of /etc/passwd the dovecot inserts underscore
before the domain (eg. _domain.com_user) when it would have to make this
only between the domain and the user.

Exists a way to solve this problem?

Thank in advance.

--