[Dovecot] Multiple IP(or Host) listen in dovecot.conf.

Yoshihiro Kawabe sowhat at amnis.co.jp
Mon Jun 11 20:38:02 EEST 2007

Hi, Timo.

>>>>> "Timo" == Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> writes:

Timo> That doesn't seem very good thing to do. I think a lot easier way to
Timo> implement this would be to just pass multiple listen fds to all of the
Timo> login processes.

I agree that implementation is distorted. However, in March, I hope to
use multi-listen version so quickly and I had no time to change inter
processes(master and each login processes) interface in
create_login_process (login-process.c). Actually, I spent several days
for that patch within hacking dovecot sources.

Timo> And one array of struct { int fd; struct ip_addr ip; bool ssl; } would
Timo> probably make the code a lot simpler as well.

Yes, I think so.
I intended that patch-applied source codes are as similar as original
source code possible, but after all those are dissimilar.

I'll think about re-make.
--
  Kawabe,Yoshihiro <sowhat at amnis.co.jp>
  I can't cry so anymore.