[Dovecot] vpopmail quota

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Jun 12 14:59:07 EEST 2007

On Tue, 2007-06-12 at 12:38 +0200, Onno Molenkamp wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like the vpopmail user database to return the quota settings for users,
> instead of having to rely on the validity of the maildirsize files. It
> doesn't look like this is currently possible.
>
> Would simply adding a auth_stream_reply_add call for "quota" with a suitable
> value in vpopmail_lookup be sufficient to make this work?
>
> (the quota can be read from the pw_shell field of the vqpasswd struct)

Is the quota existing in pw_shell a standard vpopmail thing? Is it there
in bytes, kilobytes or what? I could change the code for v1.0.1 to
export the quota in some way if there's a standard.

Dovecot must see the "quota" setting in the full format, such as
"maildir:storage=10240" for 10MB quota. You could export the quota as
bytes/kilobytes from userdb to eg. "quota_bytes" and then use a shell
script to convert it to "quota" setting (see bottom of
http://wiki.dovecot.org/Quota).

But yes, adding auth_stream_reply_add() is enough to export it.