[Dovecot] vpopmail quota

Onno Molenkamp onno at flox.org
Tue Jun 12 15:58:26 EEST 2007

Op dinsdag 12 juni 2007 schreef Timo Sirainen:
> Is the quota existing in pw_shell a standard vpopmail thing? Is it there
> in bytes, kilobytes or what? I could change the code for v1.0.1 to
> export the quota in some way if there's a standard.

It contains "NOQUOTA" or a Maildir++ quota definition, with the addition of
support for suffixes like K and M in the numbers. By passing the raw pw_shell
value to the vpopmail format_maildirquota function, you'll always either get
a valid Maildir++ quota definition, "NOQUOTA", or "" in case the value in
pw_shell is invalid.

It would be great if support for this could be included in 1.0.1!

> Dovecot must see the "quota" setting in the full format, such as
> "maildir:storage=10240" for 10MB quota. You could export the quota as
> bytes/kilobytes from userdb to eg. "quota_bytes" and then use a shell
> script to convert it to "quota" setting (see bottom of
> http://wiki.dovecot.org/Quota).
>
> But yes, adding auth_stream_reply_add() is enough to export it.

Thanks,

Onno