[Dovecot] Help with new syslog errmsgs

Stewart Dean sdean at bard.edu
Tue Jun 12 22:01:23 EEST 2007

I am bringing more people onto Dovecot...and am beginning to see syslog
error messages I've never seen before...what are they/are they critical?
1 ===========================
> Jun 12 09:53:21 mercury mail:err|error dovecot: IMAP(gregory): Corrupted index c
> ache file /var/dcndx/gregory/.imap/INBOX/dovecot.index.cache: indexid changed
This has the same date stamp as the user's change date on his
.subscriptions...which he created by copying his UWIMAP .mailboxlist
from a login prompt.  Is this what happens when the user with active
sessions overwrites/creates the .subscriptions file?

> Jun 12 11:32:36 mercury mail:err|error dovecot: IMAP(gregory): UIDVALIDITY chang
> ed (1100532544 -> 1178155834) in mbox file /home/hcrc/gregory/mail/Sent
Have no idea what this is about......

--
====
Stewart Dean, Unix System Admin, Henderson Computer Resources