[Dovecot] Looking for plugin docs

Rajkumar S rajkumars at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 23:10:44 EEST 2007

On 6/16/07, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:
> I guess you mean http://dovecot.org/patches/mail-sql.tar.gz?

Yes.

> If you're thinking about making it actually usable, it would be nice to
> store the message body instead as MIME parts (with separated
> header/body). That would allow identical attachments to be stored only
> once.

Right now I am just experimenting, so do not know how far I will be
able to work on it. But my idea is to have one db per email address.
each db will have 3 tables, one table, let me call it header will have

1. from address
2. subject
3. message date
4. message size
5. flags (replied, new etc)
6. attachment_flag (boolean, true if there is an attachment)

Second table will have all other headers as well as the message body.
Third table will have attachments as blobs, along with some metadata
like content type, file name and so on.

The idea is to optimise for common webmail operations. Again this is
just some experiments, if this works out it's great!

raj