[Dovecot] save failed to INBOX

Erland Nylend erland.nylend at lyse.no
Sat Jun 16 23:20:36 EEST 2007

On 2007-06-16, 01:36, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> OK, attached is the next one. I actually found one missing error
> handler from there. Doesn't matter if you keep the previous patch
> or not.

Thanks. Will add it, and keep you updated.

> > I'm also getting some "timeout while waiting for lock", and with
> > the debug patch I get "mailbox_transaction_commit() failed" on
> > those.
>
> Those lock timeouts shouldn't happen either.. Are they separate
> errors or do they happen for those that get "save failed"?

I think this is a different issue. The logs (with the debug patch)
looks like this:

Jun 15 09:24:13 smtp1 deliver(user at domain.tld): mailbox_transaction_commit() failed
Jun 15 09:24:13 smtp1 deliver(user at domain.tld): msgid=<920880857.83287269771168 at mailserver>: save failed to INBOX: Timeout while waiting for lock
Jun 15 09:24:13 smtp1 deliver(user at domain.tld): mailbox_transaction_commit() failed
Jun 15 09:24:13 smtp1 deliver(user at domain.tld): msgid=<920880857.83287269771168 at mailserver>: save failed to INBOX: Timeout while waiting for lock
Jun 15 09:24:13 smtp1 deliver(user at domain.tld): mailbox_transaction_commit() failed
Jun 15 09:24:13 smtp1 deliver(user at domain.tld): msgid=<920880857.83287269771168 at mailserver>: save failed to INBOX: Timeout while waiting for lock

Dont't know if it matters, but this account has 22000+ messages ..
The other one I saw with the same error message had 15000+.

> BTW. What filesystem do you use?

We're using GPFS.

--
Erland Nylend