[Dovecot] save failed to INBOX

Erland Nylend erland.nylend at lyse.no
Sun Jun 17 19:52:03 EEST 2007

On 2007-06-17, 13:19, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> But it doesn't happen always I guess?

No. The accounts receive most of the deliveries just fine. Then
inbetween the successful deliveries, some fail with that error
message.

> Maybe this has something to do with GPFS?

Could be. I'm not sure.

> That error happens if maildir-uidlist.lock file was found to exist for
> two minutes + 2 seconds, and within those 2 minutes it changed at least
> once.
>
> The uidlist is locked while maildir is being synchronized. With
> local filesystems syncing a 22k maildir takes less than a second.
> I don't know with GPFS. You could try this with for example
> expunging a message and seeing how long it takes to return "OK".

Using thunderbird, expurging a message seems to work just fine, and
it takes less than a second.

> Or maybe GPFS caches uidlist.lock file's existence similar to NFS
> attribute cache?

Could be something like that.

--
Erland Nylend