[Dovecot] mbox bug in 1.0.0

bhayden at umn.edu bhayden at umn.edu
Tue Jun 19 17:04:53 EEST 2007

On May 13 2007, Timo Sirainen wrote:

>On Mon, 2007-04-23 at 13:40 -0500, bhayden at umn.edu wrote:
>> Apr 23 13:22:41 server.umn.edu dovecot: [ID 107833 local6.error]
>> [9073]
>> IMAP(USER): mbox /var/mail/user: seq=1 uid=8808 uid_broken=0 originally
>> needed 10 bytes, now needs 23 bytes
>
>Anything else than Dovecot accessing these mboxes (besides MDA)?

Nope. Dovecot IMAP and deliver.

>Do you have a core file from that crash? It would show a bit more
>information. If not, see http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html

I finally got around to generating one. It's 3MB, and was generated from
1.0.0. Would you like a copy, or do you want me to check on some state
myself and send you results?

>If these happen frequently, I could also send a debug patch that writes
>the broken mbox headers to some temp file. That with the core file would
>provide enough information to figure out what exactly is the problem.

I can do that, too, if necessary. Thanks much for your help,

-Brian Hayden
Internet Services
University of MN