[Dovecot] Leaky dovecot-auth ?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Jun 27 23:15:32 EEST 2007

Bug, fixed: http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-1.0/rev/a098e94cd318

> But no matter, it is clearly leaking just as bad as 0.99 and I venture
> that his is the largest installation with LDAP as authentication backend.
> I wonder if this leak would be avoided by having LDAP lookups performed
> by worker processes as with SQL.

Then you'd only have multiple leaking worker processes.

> > The same as 0.99. You could also kill -HUP dovecot when dovecot-auth is
> > nearing the limit. That makes it a bit nicer, although not perfectly
> > safe either (should fix this some day..).
> >
> If that leak can't be found I would very much appreciate a solution that
> at least avoids failed and/or delayed logins.

That would require that login processes don't fail logins if connection
to dovecot-auth drops, but instead wait until they can connect back to
it and try again. And maybe another alternative would be to just
disconnect the client instead of giving login failure.