[Dovecot] testing needed: log file concurrency

Sascha Holzleiter sascha at holzleiter.name
Wed Jun 20 03:30:34 EEST 2007

On Wed, Jun 20, 2007 at 02:41:42AM +0300, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> http://dovecot.org/tmp/concurrency.c
>
> I'd want to know what results this program gives with different systems.
> Please test and reply (but don't bother if someone already replied with
> the same OS+result). I expect it to print:
>
>  - SMP kernels: "page size cut" once in a while
>  - UP (uniprocessor) kernels: Nothing
>  - The most important thing is that it never prints "broken data"
>
> It might take a while for it to print anything. With my computer it
> takes anything from a few seconds to a minute or so. See the file itself
> for compiling/running instructions.

Hi,

hope it isn't too unexpected but it prints nothing for me neither in the
UP nor SMP case, just:

  > ./concurrency
  writing, page size = 4096

  > ./concurrency 1
  reading, page size = 4096

UP is a stable setup with 'FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE-p1 i386' (32bit) and SMP a rather
adventurous setup with 'FreeBSD 7.0-CURRENT amd64' (64bit).
I ran the code for more than 10 minutes on each machine.

--
  Sascha