[Dovecot] Server 1.0.1 migration: Maildir : UID inserted in the middle of mailbox

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Jun 25 19:55:32 EEST 2007

On Fri, 2007-06-22 at 00:28 +0200, damien chambe - EGS wrote:

> Our Dovecot server had to be changed due to a hardware problem
> I was forced to use SUSE SLES 10 for the new one, instead of SLES 9 on
> the old server.

The kernel matters a lot with NFS. Some kernels are more broken than
others. Attribute cache also matters. http://wiki.dovecot.org/NFS

> I store mails on NFS, and index on local disk. There's only one
> dovecot
> server, so no multiple access.

So deliver is also run on the same server? If all of it is done on the
same server, then pretty much the only thing you can change is the
kernel or somehow try to work around its bugs. I can think of only this
fix on Dovecot's side:

http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2006-December/018145.html

Hmm. Actually I just realized another reason that could cause these: Are
the clocks on the NFS server and on your Dovecot machine synchronized?
They must be less than 1 second apart at all times or you'll begin to
see problems.