[Dovecot] Server 1.0.1 migration: Maildir : UID inserted in the middle of mailbox [resolved]

damien chambe - EGS damien.chambe at groupe-laurent.com
Wed Jun 27 13:42:30 EEST 2007

Timo Sirainen a écrit :
> On Fri, 2007-06-22 at 00:28 +0200, damien chambe - EGS wrote:
>

>> Our Dovecot server had to be changed due to a hardware problem
>> I was forced to use SUSE SLES 10 for the new one, instead of SLES 9 on
>> the old server.
>>

> The kernel matters a lot with NFS. Some kernels are more broken than
> others. Attribute cache also matters. http://wiki.dovecot.org/NFS
>

>> I store mails on NFS, and index on local disk. There's only one
>> dovecot
>> server, so no multiple access.
>>

> So deliver is also run on the same server? If all of it is done on the
> same server, then pretty much the only thing you can change is the
> kernel or somehow try to work around its bugs. I can think of only this
> fix on Dovecot's side:
>
> http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2006-December/018145.html
>
> Hmm. Actually I just realized another reason that could cause these: Are
> the clocks on the NFS server and on your Dovecot machine synchronized?
> They must be less than 1 second apart at all times or you'll begin to
> see problems.

I've tried to update kernel (SUSE SLES 10 is 2.6.16) but no change.
But synchronizing NFS server and dovecot server with NTP did the trick.

SUSE SLES9 NFS was more tolerant than SLES 10 with time sync...

No more uid messages yesterday !

Thank you for your quick answer

--
Cordialement,

Damien Chambe
EGS - Groupe Laurent
42 bld jules janin - BP 240 - 42006 Saint Etienne Cedex 1
Tel : 04 77 49 48 16
Fax : 04 77 49 48 45
Site institutionnel : http://www.groupe-laurent.com
Site catalogue : http://ecat.groupe-laurent.com