[Dovecot] Using auth_bind_userdn causes uid to be improper case

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Mar 2 21:27:30 EET 2007

On 2.3.2007, at 22.49, Aaron Luchko wrote:

> It seems like when I log in with auth_bind_userdn %u is being left as
> the value I logged in with rather than being reloaded from LDAP. I was
> wondering if I have made some mistake in the configuration files to
> cause this behaviour or if something else is going on?

That's kind of the point of auth_bind_userdn. It avoids one LDAP
lookup which would get the uid from LDAP. It might be possible to
also do this later by adding uid=user in user_attrs, but I'm not sure
about this. You could however use eg. %Lu in the auth_bind_userdn to
make the username always lowercase.