[Dovecot] Using auth_bind_userdn causes uid to be improper case

Aaron Luchko aaron at luchko.ca
Fri Mar 2 21:38:06 EET 2007

On Fri, 2007-03-02 at 16:01 -0500, Charles Marcus wrote:
> Aaron Luchko wrote:
> > I'm having a problem with dovecot-1.0-1.1.rc15.fc6 + LDAP +
> > auth_bind_userdb.
>
> No offense to you Aaron, but I have been noticing this a lot lately...
>
> There have been numerous changes in dovecot in the last few weeks and
> months, all of which have been intended to fix numerous bugs for
> different things.
>
> It really doesn't make sense, under these conditions, to report bugs
> unless the bug report is against the LATEST VERSION.
>
> Please, update to rc24 and see if this fixes it...
>
> I'm sure Timo has his hands full getting the 1.0 release ready, and I
> think he would appreciate it if everyone would make sure that the latest
> version doesn't already fix their problem before reporting.

Sorry, the dovecot-1.0-1.1.rc15.fc6 was the latest in Fedora Core 6, it
didn't occur to me there might be a more recent stable release outside
of FC6. Besides, if it was a configuration error on my part (which it
usually is, and apparently was as I just read Timo's email) than
building and installing manually would just introduce an additional
point of failure and complicate any debugging (perhaps suggesting a bug
for what was in fact an install error).

/me erases the rc25 sources he downloaded.

thanks,
Aaron