[Dovecot] 1.0rc25: double INBOX folder (weird)

Troy Engel tengel at fluid.com
Sun Mar 4 00:25:53 EET 2007

Jeff Mitchell wrote:
> Or, you're hitting some kind of bug in Tbird like what I described in my
> earlier post.
>
> I'd try deleting Thunderbird's on-disk cache of your IMAP folders.  Dovecot
> may be working just fine, and Tbird may not be handling its out-of-date cache
> correctly (which it doesn't).

Hi Jeff,

While it may be a bug in the way TBird presents it to me (I'm aware of
the caches etc. and the many TBird bugs - been supporting Mozilla and
TBird for years), a problem also lies in the fact that a change happened
from rc24 to rc25 which is not backwards compatible.

If you are migrating from Courier-IMAP and used the Wiki (and linked
scripts), you most likely have INBOX in your subscriptions file, like
all of my testers. I wouldn't be posting about this problem if it hadn't
all the sudden cropped up in rc25, rc24 was 100% fine.

-te

--
Troy Engel | Systems Engineer
Fluid Inc. | http://www.fluid.com