[Dovecot] Help with mysql-dspam-plugin

Timothy White dovecot.user at weirdo.bur.st
Sun Mar 4 05:28:51 EET 2007

On 2/23/07, Johannes Berg <johannes at sipsolutions.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-02-22 at 16:53 -0500, Rob Klingsten wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the reply!  Just to be clear, I'm talking about Tim
> > White's version of the code, that uses MySQL.  I tinkered with it,
> > and fixed the problem by simply changing the two routine names:
> >
> > void dspam_plugin_init(void) TO void dspam_init(void)
> >
> > and
> >
> > void dspam_plugin_deinit(void) TO void dspam_deinit(void)
> >
> > And now it is working beautifully.  Doesn't make sense to me why
> > though.  But I'm happy.
>
> Ah, I can tell you why ;)
> The name of the plugin as you gave it was "dspam" which means you need
> dspam_init and dspam_deinit. Tim probably called the plugin
> "dspam_plugin" instead.

This sounds about right.

> > As far as the processing of the signatures, I assume I want to run
> > the 'clientrunner.php' out of cron once or twice a day?  This is on a
> > system with about 40 users.
>
> I'm not entirely sure about that. I think so, but CC'ing Tim anyway
> (hope I got the right address.)

Yep, right address.
You want to run clientrunner at least once a day. For 40 users, doing
a lot of retraining, I'd be tempted to run it upto 4 times a day,
depending on when the server is most loaded, and how much training is
needed. The script itself takes almost no time, all the time is dspam
actually retraining, but it doesn't usually take long. I personally
run it at about 3am in the morning.

Tim
p.s. I'm not on the Dovecot list atm, until I get permanent internet back.

--
Linux Counter user #273956
Don't email joeblogs at scouts.org.au