[Dovecot] Time moving backwards error

Matthew Ward mattward41 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 16:06:10 EET 2007

I'm currently running a VPS which has the NTP daemon running on neither my
CentOS installation nor on the hardware node itself, so as far as I am aware
the server time shouldn't be being resynched by anything, and the time
should be consistent. However, since r25 my Dovecot service is complaining
that time is moving backwards (was being killed only a few moments after
being started with r25, same problems as Emmett with r26) quite
consistently, and always by one second. Could this simply be an error or
something within Dovecot itself, as to have nothing physically updating the
system time on my machine at all and to have Dovecot complaining that it's
being resynched by one second all the time seems a bit odd?