[Dovecot] Sieve plugin - install help - filters ignored

Eric Wood eric at interplas.com
Wed Mar 14 14:48:31 EET 2007

Timo Sirainen wrote:
> You didn't mention if you added: "mail_plugins = cmusieve" inside
> protocol lda?
>
> Also mail_debug=yes can be helpful in figuring out what goes wrong.

I'm a casual reader on this list. I didn't know what Sieve is so I found
http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA/Sieve.

I have linuxconf's vdeliver LDA habd off to procmail and then it does
all kinds of recipies.

I take it that Sieve is a way to script in logic right before the
"deliver" agent write the message.  It mirrors what procmail can do to
some extent? Kind of?

-eric wood