[Dovecot] Sieve plugin - install help - filters ignored

Brent Hostetler brent at hostetler.ws
Wed Mar 14 18:47:33 EET 2007

mail_plugins = cmusieve was in my config file..

I added mail_debug=yes and found the problem. My sql query was setting the
users
Home incorrectly.

I changed:
 user_query = SELECT maildir, 5000 AS uid, 5000 AS gid, @home := maildir AS
home FROM mailbox WHERE username = '%u'
To:
user_query = SELECT maildir, 5000 AS uid, 5000 AS gid,
CONCAT('/usr/local/vmail/', @home := maildir) AS home FROM mailbox WHERE
username = '%u'

And the plugin loads and the mail is filtered!!

One problem with the CONCAT method is that there is an extra '/' in the
users home path. However, the filter still works
As expected. Should I be concerned?

deliver(brent at hostetler.ws): Mar 14 09:32:23 Info: cmusieve: Using sieve
path: /usr/local/vmail/hostetler.ws/brent//.dovecot.sieve

                                     ^
                                     |___ extra '/'

Thanks!

Brent.