[Dovecot] Postfix+Dovecot+LDAP

Troy Engel tengel at fluid.com
Wed Mar 14 20:02:35 EET 2007

Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-03-14 at 12:20 -0500, Ejay Hire wrote:
>> The general consensus was that nss_ldap has some emotional problems and
>> dovecot seems to annoy it.... Kind of like poking an angry snapping turtle
>> with a stick.
>
> The problem has been found since and it can be worked around:
> http://wiki.dovecot.org/AuthDatabase/Passwd

Should this paragraph be updated in the dovecot-example.conf?

==
   # /etc/passwd or similar, using getpwnam()
   # In many systems nowadays this uses Name Service Switch, which is
   # configured in /etc/nsswitch.conf. WARNING: nss_ldap is known to be
broken
   # with Dovecot. Don't use it, or users might log in as each others!
   # http://wiki.dovecot.org/AuthDatabase/Passwd
   userdb passwd {
   }
==

Maybe that should reflect the "set blocking=yes" statements from the
wiki? Or doesn't this apply to userdb {} blocks? I'm a little confused
if I should be setting blocking=yes for passdb, userdb, or both...

The example conf lists blocking=yes in the passdb {} blocks, but the
Wiki specifically gives an example for a userdb{} block. Is blocking=yes
applicable to both types of blocks? Should I be setting it both places?

Thanks,
-te

--
Troy Engel | Systems Engineer