[Dovecot] Postfix+Dovecot+LDAP

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Mar 14 20:21:09 EET 2007

On Wed, 2007-03-14 at 11:02 -0700, Troy Engel wrote:
> The example conf lists blocking=yes in the passdb {} blocks, but the
> Wiki specifically gives an example for a userdb{} block. Is blocking=yes
> applicable to both types of blocks? Should I be setting it both places?

I accidentally added it to passdb instead of to userdb. It doesn't at
least currently work in passdb passwd (although it could, but does
anyone use it anyway?)

Changed:

  # /etc/passwd or similar, using getpwnam(). In many systems nowadays
this
  # uses Name Service Switch, which is configured in /etc/nsswitch.conf.
  # http://wiki.dovecot.org/AuthDatabase/Passwd
  userdb passwd {
    # [blocking=yes] - By default the lookups are done in the main
dovecot-auth
    # process. This setting causes the lookups to be done in auth worker
    # proceses. Useful with remote NSS lookups that may block.
    # NOTE: Be sure to use this setting with nss_ldap or users might get
    # logged in as each others!
    #args =
  }