[Dovecot] Postfix+Dovecot+LDAP

Troy Engel tengel at fluid.com
Wed Mar 14 20:38:24 EET 2007

Timo Sirainen wrote:

> I accidentally added it to passdb instead of to userdb. It doesn't at
> least currently work in passdb passwd (although it could, but does
> anyone use it anyway?)

OK thanks for that, but I'm still a bit confused -- I'm after the second
part of the wiki entry in relation to nss_ldap; I was thinking to set
blocking=yes to just avoid any possible problems in the future with
PAM/nss_ldap.

A) Does blocking=yes still apply to passdb pam {}?

B) Do I still add blocking=yes to userdb passwd {} if I'm using passdb
pam {} as above? Is there no such block as 'userdb pam {}' since I don't
see one in dovecot-example.conf?

Thanks for helping, it just doesn't seem clear to me yet what the right
combination of settings are. I'll happily update the wiki to be more
clear once y'all can get me on track. :) All my user and pass auth is
done via PAM/nss_ldap to an external server.

Thanks,
-te

--
Troy Engel | Systems Engineer