[Dovecot] LOCKD errors

Jay Chandler chandler.lists at chapman.edu
Thu Mar 15 20:17:32 EET 2007

Running the nightly from two days ago.

The Dovecot log shows no errors, but I keep getting login errors for a
few users.

top shows:

71486 user1     1  96    0  4552K  2408K lockd  0   0:00  0.00% imap
11170 user2    1  96    0  4440K  2480K lockd  0   0:00  0.00% imap

And a ps aux shows that these processes have been open for hours.  If I
move the mbox that contains their mail, the same error still shows up.
The mboxes reside on our NetApp which is NFS mounted-- does anyone have
any wisdom regarding this?  As best I can tell this hasn't been a
problem before the last few RCs, though I could be mistaken on this.

--
Jay Chandler
Network Administrator