[Dovecot] M-Box benchmark

Maykel Moya moya at infomed.sld.cu
Sat Mar 17 19:59:50 EET 2007

A friend of mine passed me this[1] cause I'm recommending him Dovecot.

My personal experience is very different to the one in that benchmark. I
will appreciate similar links from those of you who had benchmarked
Dovecot against other IMAP servers.

I'm conscious that my personal experience is far to be a objetive
comparison. I switched from UW-Imap/Mbox to Dovecot/Maildir a box with
45k local users, 3.5MB/s sustained IMAP/POP traffic in work hours. The
main performance gain is from mbox -> maildir switching. Anyway the
users (and myself) "perceive" a good performance with the new setup.

Regards,
maykel

[1] http://www.isode.com/whitepapers/mbox-benchmark.html