[Dovecot] M-Box benchmark

Jonathan Stewart jonathan at kc8onw.net
Sat Mar 17 20:02:26 EET 2007

Maykel Moya wrote:
> A friend of mine passed me this[1] cause I'm recommending him Dovecot.
[snip]
> [1] http://www.isode.com/whitepapers/mbox-benchmark.html

My first questions about this test are what version of dovecot was used,
did they take into account the fact that dovecot has to build indexes?
A 10s ramp-up time seems rather short for that.  What kind of auth
backend was used for each product and did they even attempt any kind of
performance tuning on anything other than their product?  This
"whitepaper" comes across as extremely biased and very short on
important information.

Jonathan