[Dovecot] Best way to migrate from Qpopper to Dovecot

Tan Shao Yi tansy at pacific.net.sg
Tue Mar 20 02:36:46 EET 2007

Hi Torsten,

You can try installing an IMAP daemon on the old box and use a tool like
imapsync to copy existing e-mails to the new box. This will allow you to
reduce downtime to the user whose mailbox is being copied at that point
in time.

While this goes on, you may need a POP3/IMAP proxy like Perdition to proxy
POP3/IMAP4 requests to the correct box that contains their mailstore.

Hope this helps in some way.

Cheers.