[Dovecot] Timeouts connecting via POP3

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Mar 22 02:54:25 EET 2007

On Wed, 2007-03-21 at 17:15 -0700, Don O'Neil wrote:

> I'm experiencing timeouts from time to time from both Mac Mail and
> Outlook
> when connecting to my server. I originally suspected that it might be
> process # related, so I increased the auth & login process counts but
> that
> hasn't seemed to make a difference.
>
> I'm running 1.0rc10 which came with my DirectAdmin control panel. I'm
> wondering if this problem is known and was fixed in a later release?
> I'm
> waiting for instructions from the DirectAdmin folks on building a new
> version in case they do something special.

Do you use SSL? It hangs before it can log in? What does Dovecot's logs
show (set auth_verbose=yes)?

There's one bug related to that:

v1.0.rc15 2006-11-19  Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi>
	- Potential SSL hang fix at the beginning of the connection

And what do you use as passdb/userdb? Post the whole dovecot -n output?