[Dovecot] Timeouts connecting via POP3

Don O'Neil lists at lizardhill.com
Thu Mar 22 03:00:11 EET 2007

I have SSL setup, but I'm not specifically using it myself when I get the
hangs.... I'll have to set the log up and post the results next time it
happens..

Here's the config output though:

# /etc/dovecot.conf
protocols: imap imaps pop3 pop3s
ssl_cert_file: /etc/exim.cert
ssl_key_file: /etc/exim.key
disable_plaintext_auth: no
login_dir: /var/run/dovecot/login
login_executable(default): /usr/libexec/dovecot/imap-login
login_executable(imap): /usr/libexec/dovecot/imap-login
login_executable(pop3): /usr/libexec/dovecot/pop3-login
login_greeting: Dovecot DA ready.
login_processes_count: 16
verbose_proctitle: yes
mail_extra_groups: mail
default_mail_env: maildir:~/Maildir
umask: 7
mail_executable(default): /usr/libexec/dovecot/imap
mail_executable(imap): /usr/libexec/dovecot/imap
mail_executable(pop3): /usr/libexec/dovecot/pop3
mail_plugin_dir(default): /usr/lib/dovecot/imap
mail_plugin_dir(imap): /usr/lib/dovecot/imap
mail_plugin_dir(pop3): /usr/lib/dovecot/pop3
pop3_uidl_format(default):
pop3_uidl_format(imap):
pop3_uidl_format(pop3): %08Xu%08Xv
auth default: