[Dovecot] 1.0.rc28 / v1.0 plans

John Peacock jpeacock at rowman.com
Fri Mar 23 23:03:56 EET 2007

Timo Sirainen wrote:
> 	* deliver + userdb static: Verify the user's existence from passdb,
> 	  unless allow_all_users=yes
> 	+ deliver: Ignore -m "" parameter to make calling it easier.
> 	+ deliver: Added new -n parameter to disable autocreating mailboxes.
> 	  It affects both -m parameter and Sieve plugin's fileinto action

Is deliver supposed to work out of the box (not talking about sieve
yet)?  I have been testing it per the instructions here:

	http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA/Qmail

and with a message that already has the correct Return-Path: and
delivered (anywhere, AFAICT), even though I get a:

	deliver(vpopmail): Info: msgid=: saved mail to INBOX

message at the commandline.  If I do it this way instead:

	| /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/deliver -d $EXT@$USER

it works properly (i.e. it is delivered to the correct user).  Is the
message parsing part of deliver not functioning?

John

--
John Peacock
Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group